Responsible for reading, interpreting, and singing lyrics during a performance or recording session. May work in an ensemble, as a solo artist, as a backup singer or other musical theater.
* Sing lyrics during performances with the goal of entertaining audiences.
* Convey emotion including joy, sadness, revenge, heartbreak, or conflict in songs.
* Sing different styles, including pop, jazz, rhythm and blues, rock, or country.
* Arrange instruments to accompany vocals, such as piano or saxophone.
* Apply knowledge of harmony, melody, rhythm, and voice production during numbers.
* Rehearse with ensemble or director of production.
* Train or prep voice using different melodies and ranges.
* Project voice so all of audience can hear.
* Observe director's cues on stage.
* Study and memorize music.
* Provide backup vocals.
* Record demos of songs in studios.
* Work with producers to fine-tune songs or albums.
* Collaborate with a manager or agent who handles administrative details, finds work, and negotiates contracts.
* Research roles.
* Collaborate with creative directors to improve the sound and style.
* Go on tour with band or independently to promote music.
* Perform at festivals, theatrical productions, concerts or other venues.
* Give voice lessons to students interested in learning the art of singing.
* Write lyrics to songs.
* Commission songwriters to write lyrics.
Minimum of SSCE
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should forward their Name, Phone Number, Address and Post applying for to the message box or to the phone number displayed on this advert. Not abiding by this rule may lead to total disqualification.
Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted